WebKey Accounts - A Must for All
In order to access our web tools and services available at http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/gtac.shtml, you will need to create a WEBKEY account. A WebKey account allows you to control the username and password used to associate you with your company. Through this authentication scheme, we can control access to services, information and also guarantee the privacy of all customer data. To create a WebKey account you will need 2 pieces of information related to your system.
First, you will need your Sold-to ID. Your Sold-to ID is directly under the Sold-to information on your shipping order. No matter which product set you have, you will need your Sold-to ID. Your Sold-to ID can also be located on the upper left hand corner of your FlexLM license sheet.
The second piece of information will depend on which product set you have. Unless indicated in the exception list below, all other product sets will require a WebKey Access Code (WAC) to establish a WebKey account. Products such as Unigraphics-NX, Solid Edge, NX Nastran, Ideas/NX, Teamcenter Products (except for Projects and Requirements) will require a WAC. The WAC can be found on the upper right corner of your FlexLM license sheet. Products listed below are exceptions and will require other information as noted.
LM Host ID:
The installation programs will provide the lmhostid of your local system. To obtain the lmhostid of the machine on which the program is licensed, use the following:
- on UNIX systems, use: \$SDRC_INSTL/sec/lmhostid
- on Windows NT systems, use: \$SDRC_INSTL\%\sec\lmhostid.exe
This command will need to be run on the system that is your license server. Please note that you may need to copy the lmutil.exe from your corporate server's MTI_ROOT install directory to your license server system.
The following Product Sets are exceptions and will instead require the following information:
- Ebreviate - The Sold-to ID and WebKey Access Code can only be retrieved from the physical email sent to the sponsor. This information is not on the product. Please contact GTAC for help creating a WebKey account for Ebreviate.
- FEMAP - FEMAP requires an Sold-to ID (without the 5 leading zeroes, for those starting in this manner) and
- If using a Dongle, you will need to supply portion of the Serial Number. To obtain the serial number, you can select the Help pull-down menu, then select About while in the FEMAP application. The window that opens will display the Serial Number. You will only need to enter a portion of this Serial Number. Example: For the sample Serial Number of "900-FX-NT-1234567F" you should only enter: FX-NT-1234.
- If using Flex, you will need to supply the LMHost ID.
- Teamcenter Integrator (ACCELIS) - This product only requires an Sold-to ID.
- Teamcenter Project - This product set will require an Sold-to ID and the IP Address of the licensed machine. To get the IP Address of the licensed machine, run the JDOT Server Administrator. Select the Server tab and look at the Server Host Address.
- Tecnomatix-Mechanical (LM Host ID)
- Go to the Start menu
- Select Run
- In the "run" window, type cmd and click OK
- In the "cmd" shell, type in ipconfig/all and hit Enter
- Your machine information will appear.
- The Physical Address of the machine is the same as the lmhostid.
Example: Physical Address. . . . . . . . : 00-04-22-EF-AC-67
- Tecnomatix-Mechanical (Robcad - ELAN Host ID) You neeed to run the Robcad startup executable to get the Host ID:
- Login to UNIX workstation
- type command: /usr/local/robcad/bin/startup
- When the startup GUI displays the host name and ID are shown at the bottom of the popup.
- Tecnomatix-Mechanical (Simple++ - WIBU Dongle Number)
- Insert the USB Dongle or Serial Port Dongle into the machine.
- Go to Start->Control Panel. In the Control Panel double click on the WIBU Key Software Protection: Test and Settings icon.
- The Dongle ID will be the four-digit number displayed.
- Tecnomatix-Mechanical (Valisys) You need to determine the eMPower Quality server Host ID.
- Login to UNIX workstation
- Set the VALISYS_DIR environment variable to the eMPower Quality installation directory.
- Run the hostid.sh scropt from the eMPower Quality installation appropriate directory. Provide the parameter of the eMPower Quality installation directory. $VALISYS_DIR/install/bin/hostid.sh $VALISYS_DIR/
- Select the buttons: Managing Licensing Tasks / Get Host ID
To request a WebKey account
To request a WebKey account, go to https://plmapps.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/webkey/. Enter the information requested to create your account. The system will ask you for your account and password information when you access any of the WebKey-controlled documents or applications. You need to enter this information only once per browser session.
Error: New Install Not In Under Same Duns Branch
You have attempted to associate a new Sold To to an existing WebKey account. The Sold To that you are adding does not match the Duns hierarchy for the existing Sold To already associated with your WebKey username.
To associate a new sold-to, the Duns numbers *must* match. If they do *not*, here are your alternatives:
1) Create a second Webkey using the second sold-to and Webkey Access Code.
2) Contact your CAA. Your CAA must assure that the company name on your two sold-tos matches *exactly*. Any change the your company name will prompt another Duns number lookup. Duns number lookups are done quarterly, so you may have to wait up to 3 months for the Duns numbers to match. Once they match, you can associate the second sold-to.
3) Contact the person that signed the contract with Siemens PLM on BOTH sold-tos (you may be that person). Contact GTAC (see below), and send the support representative a statement from both individuals that they allow the associate of sold-to "A" and sold-to "B" to Webkey "C". This can be in the form of an e-mail message to the support representative. Both individuals that signed the contract must agree before we can ignore the Duns numbers mismatch and associate the sold-tos. Have the support engineer contact the regional manager.
If you require further assistance to complete this request, customers in the United States and Canada may call 714-952-5444 or 800-955-0000 and select option 2,6. A representative from the GTAC organization will be available to assist you. Customers outside the United States and Canada should contact their local support office.
GTAC On-Line Support Tools
Be sure to check the GTAC web site at http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/gtac.shtml. Familiarize yourself with the GTAC support services listed above and others, including our e-mail subscription services, our technical newsletters, electronic newsgroup conferencing, and much more. You will also find our Service Selection Guide outlining our telephone support options on the page under "Contact GTAC" - "Selection Guide" (http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/selection_guide.pdf). There is also a GTAC Services Guide in PDF format that will give you more details related to the variety of services available to you. You can find this document at our web site under the heading "GTAC Services" - "Services Guide" or at: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/services/GTAC_Support_Services_Guide.pdf. Please refer to these documents occasionally to keep informed of additional information and services.
For questions or more information, contact the Global Technical Access Center in your local area at: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/services/global_number.pdf